Philosophy and the “real” world: How Philosophers can work as consultants and advisors
Dr. Thomas Wilhelm（Projekt Philosophie Public Philosopher, Coach, Author）
- Date: Wednesday June 19, 2019 5:00 PM – 19:00 PM
- Venue: Humanities and Social Sciences Classroom Building W409
In this talk Thomas Wilhelm will explain what kind of value philosophers can bring to the world of business or society as a whole. Based on his 25 years experience as a philosophical consultant he will describe why philosophy is especially apt for consulting. He will address the following questions:
- As philosophers, what kind of service can we offer outside the academic world?
- What makes philosophy particularly suitable for consulting?
- How can philosophers coach and educate future leaders?
- In which areas can philosophers add value to the public world?
- Which skill sets does a philosophical consultant need?
Thomas Wilhelm will present several case studies and examples from his own work as a consultant and advisor.
Center for Applied Ethics and Philosophy
Faculty of Humanities and Human Sciences, Hokkaido University