Prospective StudentsSupport for International Students

  1. Top Page>
  2. Prospective Students > Support for International Students

Support System for newly admitted students (HU website)

◎Tutor System (Academic Support)

◎Graduate Grant Program

– Travel allowance for presentations at academic conferences

– Grant for proofreading of academic papers

Program for proofreading of academic papers in Japanese

◎Teaching Assistant Program

◎Research Assistant Program

◎Opportunity to submit papers to journals published by the Graduate School of Letters

◎Book funds for graduate students

◎ Study rooms for graduate students



・Japanese Government

The Japanese Government (MEXT: Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, or “Monbukagakusho”) offers scholarships you can apply for before arriving in Japan.

・Special Grant Program

Hokkaido University Special Grant Program for Self-Supported International Students is for prospective international students seeking doctoral degrees. Applicants are eligible to apply to become research assistants and have their tuition fees waived.

・Private Scholarships

JASSO (Japan Student Service Organization), AUN/SEED-Net (JICA), Panasonic Scholarship, and others are available.

Page top